DG elect Martin Garcia is encouraging us to attend this year’s District Assembly – being held at Palmerston North Boys’ High School on Sunday 10 April from 9am to 3.30pm.
Please register with Pres elect Andrew Watson - registrations are required no later than 27 March.
What can District Assembly offer your members?
District Training Assembly is an opportunity for all Rotarians to learn more about what other Clubs in our area are doing, what support the District can offer and for people committing to leadership roles in our Clubs to learn more about those roles.
This year our facilitators are preparing you different offerings while still covering the core elements that Rotarians and Club leaders should be familiar with. These are just some of the questions that will be addressed:
- How can we improve our Club? Is our Club ready to welcome prospective members and who are they?
- How can we keep our members engaged and what other training is available for Rotarians? What can I learn through the Rotary Leadership Institute?
- How can my Club get involved in International Youth Exchange? How do we protect the young people in our care?
- How can we identify and solve a community problem? What resources and connections can we access through Rotary?
- How can our Club qualify for a Rotary Foundation district or global grant? Someone from your Club must attended the Foundation stream at District Training Assembly.
- What are your obligations as Secretary and Treasurer? Do you wish to know more about charitable trusts and taxation?
- How can we keep yourself and our members enriched and engaged if we are not informed and motivated?
Former Governor-General and Wellington Rotarian Sir Anand Satyanand will address you on leadership, change and peace and I will update you on the District, what is happening in Rotary International and the goals for 2016-17.
Please encourage as many of your fellow Rotarians to come along to District Assembly, especially your incoming leaders and those who are new to Rotary and those who may be your future leaders.
Martin Garcia (Denise)
District 9940 Governor Elect 2016/17
Lower North Island, New Zealand
Mobile: 021 181 0122