For over one hundred years, motivated people around the world have come together as Rotarians – uniting the power of one with the power of many to bring about exceptional changes in the world.
Made up of men and women across all vocations and cultures, Rotary continues to make an impressive impact. Are you:
- Keen to help others and want to make a difference?
- Seeking more meaning and purpose in your life?
- Looking for ways of helping your community?
- Want to be part of a worldwide network for good?
- Interested in a Corporate Social Responsibility programme in which your company can participate?
Volunteering with Rotary can provide you with a great work life balance. It’s an opportunity to extend your life experience and business skills, to benefit your local community and the wider world.
It provides a bridge from your working and home life – to meet and network with other business and community people
- Ongoing personal development
- Grow your understanding and knowledge
- Open to both men and women
- Make a new extended network of friends
- Weekly contact opportunities
- Links to a vast international network
- Provides a pathway to do good in the world
- Individual or company memberships are an option
Being a Rotary volunteer will help you to help others – locally and internationally. Rotary is a non-political, non-religious global network focused on improving the wellbeing of communities everywhere. Rotary has 1.2 million volunteers active in 200 countries, and that’s a powerful lot of people making an impact.
- Rotary is New Zealand’s Service Network Organisation
- 270 Rotary Clubs across New Zealand with 8,500 men and women members
- Rotary Clubs are involved in diverse projects locally and internationally.
- We help in promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, saving mothers and children, supporting education, and growing local economies, plus much more.
- In New Zealand, $6,750,000 is raised annually and used to complete over 4,000 community projects
- Rotary operates in 200 countries worldwide with 1.2 million members
- It operates the world’s largest scholarship programme
- Has a special seat at the United Nations
- Globally the Rotary Foundation distributes $205,000,000 annually supporting major humanitarian projects.